Wedding Preparations


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
August 25th 2011
Published: September 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wedding RehearsalWedding RehearsalWedding Rehearsal

On the right-hand side of the photo Terri is ironing (multi-tasking is a requirement for DIY weddings).
August 25th -- Day Five -- Wedding Preparations
Now, when most people get married they call a caterer, rent a hall, choose a wedding dress, arrange for flowers and send out the invitations. Our family has never done this. We gravitate to the do-it-yourself event. Perhaps this is a psychological affliction or self punishment. Some members, my sister Terri and Auntie Glenys are especially affected. (I won’t go into details as it would take a small book.) On the first day of our arrival, James and Karen met us at the airport with a small car filled with all manner of wedding paraphernalia -- candles, candle holders, napkins, and bottles and bottles of wine. (Apparently at an Irish wedding, it is customary to have 1.5 bottles per person in addition to beer, liqueurs and of course, champagne and Irish Whiskey) Over the next several days, the castle and wedding hall were cleaned, furniture was moved, and floral arrangements were made. Fortunately, we were able to use our captive family members for this purpose.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Flower Arranging LessonsFlower Arranging Lessons
Flower Arranging Lessons

Vases for every room in the castle, reception tables, corsages and even the bride's bouquet were all made at the castle.
Cooking DetailCooking Detail
Cooking Detail

Ted doing what he does best -- cooking!


Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 30; qc: 125; dbt: 0.1073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb