The Big Day!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork
August 26th 2011
Published: September 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

James & Karen SorensenJames & Karen SorensenJames & Karen Sorensen

Some photos defy description.
August 26th -- Day Six -- The Big Day!
David was up at the crack of dawn preparing to take the photos along with a small army of family and friends rushing here and there. Guests arrived and the big event came off without a hitch (except for the appropriate hitching up of the lovely couple). Aunty Glenys performed the ceremony (I already explained the DIY affliction), and I was asked to read a poem. Met a number of Karen’s relatives, including her 94-year-old grandfather, Sonny. Saying he’s a “colorful” character would be an understatement. I understood little of what he said except when he looked me over and said to David, “Got yourself a good one!” He then looked at my sister, Terri and said, “I want a picture of that one!” She did look stunning.

Following the delicious meal, there was a caliegh where we were entertained by traditional Irish musicians and the Irish were entertained by the Canadians attempting to follow the dance caller’s instructions.

Only in my dreams have I imagined a more wonderful wedding!





Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Karen Arrives for her WeddingKaren Arrives for her Wedding
Karen Arrives for her Wedding

Patrick, owner of Blackwater Castle generously allowed Karen to use his car for these photos.
SistersSisters
Sisters

Michele, Terri & Glenys
Terri - Mother of the GroomTerri - Mother of the Groom
Terri - Mother of the Groom

Here's a photo for Sonny :)


Tot: 0.34s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 36; qc: 129; dbt: 0.2519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb