Tralee to Waterford


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
July 4th 2011
Published: July 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Tralee to Waterford



Travelling back along the eastern border of the Ring of Kerry, Killarney was our first stop for the day where some fellow travellers took the opportunity to go on a Jaunting Car (horse-drawn cart with an Irish driver). After having a good look around the town we drove to Blarney where we visited the grand Castle that was built in the 1480’s. The Castles here in Ireland differ so vastly from those in England and Scotland so far – in that they are more of a squared-vertical tower rather than rounded turrets imagined by children in their prince and princess castles. It was here at Blarney Castle that we had our chance to acquire the ‘gift of the gab’ – each of us kissing the Blarney Stone (although Lachie did advise me I needn’t bother as I apparently talk enough already!). The grounds of the castle were magnificent, with a beautiful Homestead close to the old castle.
Waterford was our final rest for the day – famous for it’s crystal, but thinking the backpacks may not support or protect any purchases, we opted to watch some young Irish dancers at the hotel. There was one dancer in particular that was just GORGEOUS – a 4 year old with great moves and excellent timing!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb