Cheers from Ireland.


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
May 22nd 2007
Published: May 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Blarney StoneBlarney StoneBlarney Stone

Me kissing the Blarney stone!
May 22nd, 2007
So, we've finally made it to Ireland. We arrived in Dublin on the 20th....I must say Dublin was not as exciting as I'd pictured it to be. But, i've never seen so many pregnant women in my life...let's just say those irishmen are spreading their seed! ahhaha....and we also figured out how the term 'irish twin' came about....many women had a youngin' in a stroller and another on the way!

Ah, some gripes....we stayed in a hostel in dublin called the Litton Lane Hostel, good location. Our room was home (for the night) to 2 Sicilian guys, a couple from chicago, and a guy and girl from philadelphia. we were going to head out for a drink with them, but we were exhausted and only wanted one, a 10 Euro cover charge was not happenin' for us. So, we went to bed early, but got woken up by our friends from philly. The guy came in and tripped over the garbage can which was full of empty beer cans (from them)...it was soo loud...he had left the can right in front of the ladder to his bunk bed. as if that wasn't bad enough, he got out of bed a wee bit later and tripped over the cans again (um, you think he would have moved them out of the way!)...he then proceeded to the bathroom...on his way back, he must have forgotten his key, because he proceeded to bang on the room door forever to be let in....lisa finally gave in and got up to open the door. a few hours later, he must have had to pee again because i woke up to the loudest noise in the world, he fell out of bed, stood up and said 'that's farther down than i thought'....so he went to the bathroom again, and.....a few minutes later....'bang bang bang'....he was knocking on the door AGAIN...he forgot to bring his key with him....as if that all wasn't bad enough, he snored louder than my father.....and if you've ever experienced my father's snoring, you'd definitely understand. but as awful of a night it was, we've been laughing about it all day, 'cause it really was funny.....except we're paying for it now.....it's only 7pm and we're ready for bed...ahhh.

Today we finally validated that oh so expensive Eurail pass and made our way to Cork. The train was
Dublin´s Wall of FameDublin´s Wall of FameDublin´s Wall of Fame

oh yeah....this picture is hot...hahaha
very nice, and not too long of a trip, just 3 hours. We found our way to Sheila's Hostel, dropped off our bags, and headed to Blarney...about 10km out of town. Blarney is home to........you guessed it, the Blarney Castle which is home to .... the Blarney Stone. Legend has it, you'll be blessed with the 'gift of the gab' after kissing this famous stone. We all know i already possess the gift of the gab, because i never shut up, but, i put my lips today where millions have put them. Lisa thought that the blarney stone was just a big rock that everyone kissed, which i thought as well until i saw it on the travel channel. It's actually part of the castle wall (at the top of the castle...which, btw, was an insane climb...not due to the height of the castle...just the steep scary spiral staircase) and this is how you kiss it....you have to lie on your back and bend your back over the floor of the castle into a clearing, you then grab to bars and lean back, upside down, to make out with a rock....hahahaah.....the pictures are great, and you'll soon appreciate them, once
The River LiffeyThe River LiffeyThe River Liffey

me in front of the bridge
i can get access to a computer with a usb port.

Anyways...Lisa and I are heading out of Cork tomorrow....somehow getting to the Cliffs of Moher on the west coast of Ireland....and hopefully soon we'll get some more pics up for all of you! (um, for the 2 ppl that even read my blog)...Leave some comments people!


Next Up: Cliffs of Moher, Ireland


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

The River LiffeyThe River Liffey
The River Liffey

another view of the liffey
Temple BarTemple Bar
Temple Bar

Temple Bar district
Blarney CastleBlarney Castle
Blarney Castle

just outside of cork
Blarney CastleBlarney Castle
Blarney Castle

the Blarney stone!
BlarneyBlarney
Blarney

Lisa in front of......a big rock
Blarney StoneBlarney Stone
Blarney Stone

Lisa kissing the Blarney stone!
Blarney CastleBlarney Castle
Blarney Castle

Lisa and I on top of the Blarney Castle


23rd May 2007

OOOO am I one of your people??!!
OOO am I one of the two people that read this??!! Anyway, I never knew that about the blarney stone??!! That is sooo cool. Can't wait for pics!! No philly gerkin this time?? awww...Glad to know you're having fun!!! Keep safe!!
23rd May 2007

im reading your blog too!
Hi there Laura. Just wanted to let you know I am reading your blog too!! I thought you kissed the blarnedy stone for good luck not the gift of gab. What a disappointment. Glad you two are having fun. Stay safe!!
25th May 2007

Can't wait to see pics
Hey Laura!! Sounds like y'all are having a great time! That was some funny stuff about the guy jerkin his shit with Lisa in the room.LMAO I can't wait to see more pics. Stay safe and enjoy every minute of your journey!
27th May 2007

My address
Hey send me a postcard! 16 Kimberly Ln. Apt. D3C, Mexico, NY 13114...Where's an updated blog! Don't forget to keep writing! That is one thing that I wish I had done everyday when I was in Mexico but I didn't. They're great memories for your scrapbook when you get back. Hope all is well. One thing, don't loose too much of your badonkadonk on those exursions cuz I want to party it up when you get back and shake it out on a dance floor somewhere!! Luv ya!!!
28th May 2007

Aww, you're so lucky. I wish I could go on vacation for that long. The house is very quiet with out you ... except your dumb dog. But we miss you in the garage mahal, although we've only done it 2ce. And im SURE you miss my drunk stories ;) you better be staying safe and taking care. Are there any cute guys (you only live once =-P) !!! Your father misses you as well as kathryn. I think we're going to clean out your room soon, you messy messy bitch :) :) .. well, thats all for now. BE SAFE<333 love and miss you!!
30th May 2007

Hey..Sounds like you guys are having fun..cant wait to see some pics! Have lots of fun and be safe!!

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb