DUBLIN PART 1


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
July 23rd 2023
Published: July 25th 2023
Edit Blog Post

ST STEPHENS GREENST STEPHENS GREENST STEPHENS GREEN

Wonderful park across from our hotel
The flights went smoothly and even arrived a half hour early in Dublin. Had to wait on the tarmac for 30 minutes since the ground crew and customs do not open until 5:30 am. We stayed at the Stauntons on the Green hotel which is directly across the street from St Stephens Green. The included breakfasts were fantastic! The park is a wonderful oasis of trees, flowers lake and birds. Reminded us very much of the park in Halifax. Unfortunately, the history of the park included the violence of the Irish uprising from British rule.

Went to the Museum of Archaeology which included displays from the bronze age. It was very interesting and included three bodies found in bogs. Apparently the dessicated bodies were all very prominent personel but suffered very violent deaths. Also visited Christchurch cathedral which had some the most interesting floor tiles. Dublin castle had great number of portraits of prominent persons and very interesting paintings using shades of gray to depict depth of field.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

CHRISTCHURCH CATHEDRALCHRISTCHURCH CATHEDRAL
CHRISTCHURCH CATHEDRAL

Fantastic floor tiles
GREY SHADING IMITATING DEPTHGREY SHADING IMITATING DEPTH
GREY SHADING IMITATING DEPTH

Painting at Dublin Castle
AFTERNOON TEAAFTERNOON TEA
AFTERNOON TEA

Nice way to spend a rainy afternoon


29th July 2023

Looking good
Thanks for sharing. Can almost sense the aroma of the foods. Yummm
2nd August 2023

Looking Good
Besides your typical Irish cusine, have been suprised by the number of different ethnic restarants including Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, and Thai.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb