Ireland!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
August 21st 2022
Published: August 26th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Reviewing some of our pics from our recent Ireland trip, decided to post a blog, of which most of it will be pics!



With the encouragement of my brother Mark, 7 family members met up in Ireland with a 3 day trip to Scotland. It was a great time with lots of wonderful family memories! Preparing for a typical Irish weather, we did not pack for the gorgeous sunny and warm days. And as we were told, when the sun shines in Ireland, there is not a more beautiful place in the world! It was gorgeous!



In an attempt to avoid the crowds, we spent most of our time in the North of the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland, The trip included Belfast, NewCastle, the ferry over to Scotland - Oban for the fantastic seafood and Scotch, and 1 night in Edinburgh to see the Military Tatoo. The Military Tatoo was an incredible performances and light show with the Edinburgh castle as the backdrop. Then back to the Republic of Ireland - Inishowen peninsula, a very rural area in the North, with a rugged coastline. With the brilliant blue skies, green rolling hills and turquoise colored ocean, it was stunning!



Then it was back to Northern Ireland - Bushmill's to join the golfing 3 some. While they golfed, we toured the area including some wonderful walks along the beach, and then enjoyed great family dinners and drinks in the evening. Returning to the Republic, a few more stops, including where our Grandmother was from. Another great trip with lots of great memories!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Oban whiskey flightOban whiskey flight
Oban whiskey flight

At 11am, we shared one flight!


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb