A Quiet Day


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Wexford
June 19th 2009
Published: July 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast, Evy and I headed over to the clubhouse to use the internet. We managed to set up a car rental in Scotland and contact a hostel in Inverness about staying there. As well, I got in touch with my Scottish friend David Noble (now living in Canada) about ideas for places to go.

Back at home, we are trying to get Benjamin finished up with his school work (Joshua finished up last week) and so we don't have plans to go anywhere today. We have had to make the decision to stay here in Rosslare Harbour and leave for Dublin on Saturday and spend two nights in the hotel where we first stayed, exploring a bit of Dublin before flying out Monday morning.

After lunch, we watched some of the Royal Ascott Races on tv (funny looking hats and a wave from the Queen), before Evy and I headed off for some final food shopping.

With the sun shining, we spent a final quiet afternoon and evening in at “home”, enjoying the sunshine and feeding carrots and apples to the horses in the field next to us.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0915s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb