Off to Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
June 20th 2009
Published: July 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up a bit earlier this morning, as we need to get the car back to the airport in Dublin before noon or face another day of the high rental charges here. After packing up, we said goodbye to the horses in the field one last time, before locking up and heading off.

After a relatively quick drive to Dublin, we spent some time trying different self serve gas stations to fill up. The credit cards here now all have chips in them, and the first couple of automated stations we tried would not take our card. Finally we located a regular station and filled up on diesel. I am impressed with how long a tank of diesel lasts, having only used up half a tank over these past four days.

After returning our car, we took the shuttle to the airport. Our hotel is great but the restaurant prices are very expensive, so we checked to see if there were cheaper places here at the airport. As it turned out, there is a place that has a sort of grocery store along with a hot food, so we will likely do this for dinner later.

After taking the shuttle to our hotel, we checked in to find that they still do not have their internet working. This is a pain as we need to plan things for Scotland. They do have a business center with a few computer to use, so we were able to book a train to take us from Edinburgh to London as well as a hotel for our final night in London. We also heard from my Scottish friend David Noble (who has settled in Vancouver) giving us a list of places to visit. Twenty-five years ago, I took a trip with David and another Scottish friend and want to show Evy and the kids some of the places we visited. Having a list will make that easier.

We ended up taking the shuttle back over to the airport to get dinner there. Evy and I finished our evening with a Guiness in the hotel pub.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb