The baptism of Charlie Day


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Tipperary » Tipperary
August 24th 2018
Published: August 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The good news was, when I woke up this morning, I had already done approx. 4,000 steps on my FitBit. Gotta love dancing at weddings! I made the decision last night not to worry about breakfast and it was a slower start to the day. We needed to check out by 11am so the focus was on achieving this.

Julie and I did a run to deliver some of Brid and Alex's things to the homeplace and then when we got back, a group of us decided to head to Cahir for some lunch. By the time we got to Cahir we needed to order and eat quickly, as we were running out of time because the Christening of Charlie was due to start at 2:30pm. We said goodbye to Cormac & Jen, as they were heading back to Dublin and then David, Nick & I (in one car) and Julie, Steph and Carol (in the other) headed to Bansha (Lisvernance Church). We arrived right on 2:30 - phew.

The ceremony was beautiful and Fr Jack explained the symbolism of the baptism. Charlie was in fine form and loving the attention being on him! He is such a cute boy and he took the whole thing in his stride.

After the Christening we headed to the Ballykisteen Hotel to celebrate the event. This is also where we will stay tonight, so very handy. It was a lovely event although perhaps a bit more subdued, due to everyone feeling the effects of the past few days of partying! It was great though to be able to spend some more time with the family, as this will be the last time we see them, until the next time! We chatted and reminisced about the recent big events and Charlie was the star of the afternoon. Eventually it was time to say goodbye to the family - never easy but it is so good to finally know these lovely people in Brid's life. We also said farewell to Julie, Steph and Carol - Julie was driving them all back to Dublin and then they were all flying out the next day. This added to the sadness!

I met up with David & Nick in their room for a pre-dinner G&T and the next it was time to meet the others in the restaurant for dinner. Brid & Alex were also staying the night and there were a few of the English crew also staying. It was lovely to get to know Alex's friends a bit better - always hard to really get to know everyone in the wedding environment, so this was a great opportunity.

Dinner was lovely and afterwards we all headed to the bar. The past few days finally caught up with me (and most I would say) and I decided to call it a night around 11:30!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.299s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb