London, Scotland, Ireland, and Paris 2022


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Limerick » Limerick
July 19th 2022
Published: July 19th 2022
Edit Blog Post

July 19

This day started out a little different. Since our first event was right here in town we had a later breakfast and departure time. We got to sleep in just a little longer!

We went on a jaunting, horse drawn carriage ride through the Killarney National Park. It is the only means to get through the forest unless you walk, rent a bike, or ride a horse. The Ross Castle and the Lakes of Killarney are the reward at the end of the ride.

Our driver Micky, and his son Patrick, were quite entertaining. Micky told stories, jokes, and even sang to us. It was a great ride!

Once our ride was over, it was back on the bus headed toward the quaint town of Adare. It was to be a short trip but we ran into ride work and very slow moving traffic. Unfortunately l, that cut our time in Adare short. Our guide, Will, told us that Adare had a row of 1800’s thatched roof houses that we wouldn’t want to miss.

Once we arrived, I set out to check out the town. Most people looked for places to eat lunch. I’m too interested in getting pictures and history of the area, so I usually snack for lunch. I found the street with the thatched roof houses and got a real good picture of one.

All around us on this trip have been beautiful flowers. Purple butterfly bush grows everywhere, even sling the roadways. Here in Adare there were beautiful flowers at every business, house, and street!

From Adare we made the short trip to Limerick where we checked into our hotel, The Limerick City Hotel. We had a little time before we met back up with our group to go to the Bunratty Castle for a medieval dinner. My interest in this castle was that it was occupied in the late 1400’s by The OBrien Clan!!

Our dinner was great and the entertainment was even better! We had instrumentalists, soloists, holsters, and a small group of madrigal singers.

Following dinner it was a short trip back to the hotel. Tomorrow we head out to The Cliff’s of Moher, Galway, and Sligo.

Nite all!


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb