St Patrick’s Day in Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kilkenny » Kilkenny
March 17th 2010
Published: March 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 17.3.2010 day 154
St Patrick’s Day in Ireland
We had heard that Dublin was the best place to be for St Patrick’s Day so we asked our resort and they told us it was more for young people and anyone over 21 would not have fun there. We asked where else to go and they told us getting in and out of anywhere would be a night mare and that they could get us a taxi to Kilkenny but we would not get one home they suggested the pub that is walking distance to the resort would be good and they have 3 bands playing and it would get started at about 9:30 pm so we decided to do that. So we finished reading the “the secret scriptures” by Sebstian Barry a fantastic read so good we have decided we need to get more of his books. We had a lazy day watching the parades on TV and wishing we had went to the one in Kilkenny as is it so close (15 km) to us. By about lunch time we stated to have a few drinks so by the time is was 9:30 and time to walk to the pub we decided we did not like the idea of walking though the paddock in the dark there and back and we had so many drinks that we did not feel like any more so instead we decided to watch the Irish movie on TV but is was sooo bad we fell asleep. Lucky we have a TRAD (Traditional Irish) night at our resort tomorrow night with Irish food, band and entertainment.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.436s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 18; qc: 73; dbt: 0.245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb