Our 1st day in Galway


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Galway
February 21st 2007
Published: March 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On Wednesday, 21 February 2007, we got up at 7 o’clock in the morning. For breakfast we got toast, jam, Nutella, orange juice and coffee. Adrienne, our host mum, brought us to school and showed us the bus stop where we could get the bus home. We were very early at the school and so we went through Galway with some students from the 3 BHW. The school started at 9.30 and in our first lesson we had to describe ourselves. At 11 o’clock we had a break and so we had the chance to surf through the net and write an e-mail home. From 11.30 to 13 o’clock we had our last lesson for that day and after school we watched a film named “Nothing hill”. In the evening we had an Irish dancing evening. Two musicians played Irish music and two dancers showed us the Irish dance. The dance was very difficult to learn and after this dancing evening we were tired. Some of the students and I went to a pub named “Fox’s”. There was good music and we also got a Guinness. About 10 o’clock p.m. we drove home by bus and went to bed.


We got up at 7.15 o’clock. Then our guest mum drove us to school. Before school started we went around the city and looked for some shops. At half past nine school started. Our first teacher, a woman called Caroline was very friendly. We talked about our life. From 11 to 11.30 there was the break. We had the possibility to surf the net. It was very kind of them, because everybody wanted to write his friends and family an e-mail. Next we had another lesson with an English teacher, called David. He is a very entertaining man with lots of humour. From 2 o’clock to 4 o’clock we saw the film “Notting Hill”. At home we had dinner. We got pasta. It was really good. At 8 o’clock we had to be at school for an Irish Evening. Two people played fiddle and flute and the teacher and also some students could also try to play the spoon. There were also two girls who danced the Irish dance. It ended at 9 o’clock and afterwards we went to a pub. At 10 o’clock we drove home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.015s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb