Tirty tree (33)


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
August 30th 2006
Published: September 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

its a hard lifeits a hard lifeits a hard life

the beanie has come in handy already.. Thanks guys..
Hi all,

Well after Paris we headed to Ireland.. I know you haven't seen the photos from Paris but they're on there way!! The most amazing thing about Ireland is it only takes an hour to get there from London- By the time you take off its time to land.. Fantastic.. Ireland was absolutely beautiful.. I loved it.. When i've had enough of London I think i'll head for Dublin.. Its a lovely city and the people are all really nice.. Theres loads of great pubs and heaps to see.. We stayed with Cherie's friends, Malcolm and Maria.. They were great hosts and we didn't want to leave(they're both Chefs!). We did a bit of sightseeing while we were there and one place we had to go was the Guinness Storehouse.. This is where they actually make Guinness and you can wander round and have a squiz.. At the end of the tour you get a free Guinness.. I HATED it!! It tastes like runny vegemite.. GROSS!!!!!!!! Before the storehouse we went to visit Trinity College which has some beautiful old buildings.. Well it was a sunny day and we decided to relax on the oval.. The next thing we all knew we were woken up by Cherie's snoring.. We'd fallen asleep for about an hour.. The life of travellers!!!
Aswell as the Guinness Storehouse we went to the Jamesons Brewery.. This was fantastic.. At the end of this tour we got a free Jamesons and I am now officially a Scotch/Whiskey drinker!!! YAY!!!
Malcolm and Maria took us sightseeing into the hills aswell.. We saw the sight where Braveheart was filmed.. Pretty cool..

The best bit of the trip though was the viking tour we went on.. It was like an open top bus tour but heaps more fun!! We had to roar at any open top bus tours we saw as they were the enemy(Competition).. I really enjoyed being able to yell just for the sake of it!!

Enjoy the photos and the ones from Paris will be here soon!! Sorry but some of them seem to be a bit blurry.. Don't know what happened there..

Love you all




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

me at Guinnessme at Guinness
me at Guinness

great red eyes!!!!
masonatic village masonatic village
masonatic village

the building in the back is an old monastery. there was grves that were over 400yrs old


9th September 2006

to be sure, to be sure
Pop will be green with envy!! you beat him to Ireland- He's Irish you know :) Keep on having fun. Love you lots

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb