Proste


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
September 23rd 2006
Published: February 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!!!!!!!!!!

well I don't know where to start with Oktoberfest.. The best weekend of my life.. We had the most unreal time.. We were late to get our ferry to France and then the boys were terrible navigators but we did actually make it to Munich 15 hours after we set out and three countries later!! Unbelieveable.. Well our first night in town we headed out for some practise drinking sessions.. And let me tell you those Stiens way a tonne!!! I couldn't lift them with one hand..

Saturday morning we were up bright and early to get a good position in the main tent.. If you're not sitting you can't get served.. So we joined in the stampede and ran for a table and got one right in htr centre.. Prime location.. Then we had to sit around and wait for the drinking to officially start.. 3 hours of time to kill.. Very bopring but funny.. Oh yeah the people in Germany really love this festival they get all dressed up in their finest German outfits.. Its fantastic!!

Then the drinking began and to be perfectly honest theres not much to say after that.. There was lots of singing and dancing on tables but thats about all there was too it!!

We became real Germans and ate some Pork schnitzel and cabbage..
Sunday was exactly the same as the first day and then it was back to reality on Monday..


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

our gang minus Fieldsyour gang minus Fieldsy
our gang minus Fieldsy

the other 2 in the pic are Jase and Kirst


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb