What did we really get to see of Dublin?


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
August 18th 2006
Published: August 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

DublinDublinDublin

city of Hen's nights - yes we had to use umbrella's in the pub
Well I ended up getting a couple of days work from Jules sister which was good to help fund our weekend in Dublin!! Alana and I jetted off on Friday night (our first flight together in 6 years!!! Wierd) after our 'quiet' thursday night before heading to Dublin for Fran's Hen night (one of Alana and Jule's best mates), we actually ended up getting rather pissed with everyone and were rather hungover!

My first impressions of Ireland - rain, rain, cute accents, rain, rain, oops beer, rain, beer - you get the picture.
We spent Saturday eating, then went to the pub - of course to get out of the rain!!! Ended back at the hostel at about 6.30 to get changed to head back out to you guessed it, drink more beer.

We were all going dressed as gangsters for Fran's night out!! which obviosly got us alot of attention, and standing ovations and i am sure we are in many peoples photo albums from around the globe. We met some really nice irish, who took it upon themselves to show us around and take us too a cool nightclub. We got a little tipsy!!!??? Unfortunately Fran and
DublinDublinDublin

Don't we look grand
I decided to get sambuca shots as it was taking a long time to get served, and ended up a little drunker than most!!!!

Sunday was pretty much a rightoff, but we dragged ourselves out of bed, and walked around Dublin in our state!! Basically I need to go back to Dublin so I can actually see something of the city other than pubs and restaurants!!!!

Well Mum and Dad arrive this week, so off to London to meet them next!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb