The adventures of Bianca and Julie


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
January 10th 2005
Published: January 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

reunited


Well it had been only a few weeks since me and BiBi left each other at Calgary airport after a night sleeping in the airport lounge. I got to Dublin airport and needless to say was a little bit excited bout seein Bi again. As usual there was a slight muddle up in communications ending with me panicking that i'd got the date wrong for going to Dublin/ wither that or something terrible had happened to Bi. Anyways we finally found one another and headed into the city to meet our hosts for the next few days. We thought it was only right that we stopped in past the temple bar area for a catch up drink first though.
We it wasn't long before our hosts Lisa Sally and Micheal took us out into the town for some traditional Irish style drinkin.
The next day we hopped on the city tour bus - anybody who's been to Ireland or the UK will recognise the big red open top fun bus. In all we took the tour three times I think and each time a different driver would entertain us with stories o Dublin and a tune or two also. We visited the Guiness distillery (which is massive) tasted some guiness and got a free pebble which was cool. Next stop was Killmainen jail where we got a tour and some insight into how it used to be. We also spent some time looking about shopping and taking photos and managed to squeeze in some beer tasting too.
It was a good few days and the city is gorgeous - the people are nice too. It was all over too soon though and on Thurs we headed once again to the airport to catch the flight to Aberdeen - Details to follow soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

pigs might flypigs might fly
pigs might fly

this was at the airport and made me laugh
Inside the JailInside the Jail
Inside the Jail

the doors were so small you'd think Ireland really was populated by leprauchans at some stage
Molly Molly
Molly

This statue is of a woman who used to sell cockles by day and was a prostitute by night the bus driver loved it and sang us a song about it too.
The millenium spikeThe millenium spike
The millenium spike

This monument is in the middle of Dublins main street to celebrate the millenium it looks a little intimidating to me
The big mans houseThe big mans house
The big mans house

This is where the main dude (Bertie Ahern at the moment i think) stays. they don't call him a mayor but i cant remember the actual word - if anyone else does let me know!
Many many bridgesMany many bridges
Many many bridges

This shows only a few of the tens of bridges crossing one of Dublins two main canals


Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 71; dbt: 0.1154s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb