Green Eyes from Tipperary


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
October 25th 2005
Published: December 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

hores Abbeyhores Abbeyhores Abbey

When Nuns were caught committing Ungodly acts, they were whores and sent to this place to cleanse themselves of the devil. In the gift shop you can buy pens with pictures of nuns on them and when you turn the pens upside down the nuns are naked.
Last time I visited Europe I lost my soul. I did not lose it all at once, but in small increments. As such, bits and pieces of my soul are floating around the United Kingdom and it is about time I started finding them. I captured a piece back last weekend from Beavertail in Edinburgh, and so now off to Liverpool, where I am certain the Embassy Hostel will offer me a small bit of it back at a reasonable price.

What started as a simple day trip to Liverpool, brought the birth of, what is sure to be one of the most legendary rock bands the world has ever seen. Leonie, Natalia, Mitch and I sat quietly in the stuffy bus as it pulled into Manchester Piccadilly. The women in front of us shifted her weight uncomfortably in seats that obviously do not cater to full figure women. suddenly, as if inspired by an invisible force from above Mitch began to tap his feet, providing ample percussion for the musical fusion that was to follow. I opened my mouth. The sound that came out of it was not quite singing, and yet a far cry from talking. As if
This is gonna sound weird....This is gonna sound weird....This is gonna sound weird....

but do you think you could act like two dragons?
sensing the greatness to follow, Leonie began imitating a horn section and Natalia got up and provided sexy back ground dancing. The Beatleguises were born.

The band spent the day taking in the sites; a couple cathedrals, China Town, St. Albert's Dock, museums, Beatles memorabilia, and a Chinese buffet. They also spent a considerable amount of time hunting for pieces of Kris's missing soul.

By the time they had returned to Leeds that very evening, the band had disbanded. Inflated egos and arguments over royalties had led to their demise.

Mitch and Kris had their sights on bigger and better things; a jackolantern carving, sushi making, and wine drinking event, that was to take place at their estate the next evening. Kris taped a note to a small pumpkin and put it on the neighbors door to invite them. Though intended as a subtle form of seduction, the girls must have thought it creepy and did not show. There were however other guests at the gala. The wine was drunk, the sushi was eaten and the pumpkin was carved.

The next morning the soul searching continued, as Mitch and Kris boarded a sketchy Ryan Air plane
Godzilla vs RhodanGodzilla vs RhodanGodzilla vs Rhodan

I think I was Rhodan, but mitch never told me.
headed for Dublin.

Smoke billowed from chimney stacks, fruit merchants sold bananas and kiwis on every street corner. Men sat in their usual spots on pub stools lining O'Connell Street. It was 11 AM. They had arrived in Dublin City. The day was spent looking at girls, visiting St. James Gate Brewery and staring into the sky at the Dublin Spire.

Upon return to the Rainbow Hostel (where Kris retrieved another small piece of his missing soul), drinking games awaited them. A raucous evening spent with hostel girls ensued. Drinks were drunk, Kareoke was sung, and late night pizza was craved but not purchased.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The BeatleguisesThe Beatleguises
The Beatleguises

This was supposed to be on the cover of our first CD but then Leonie Left the band and Rupert Murdoch Snaked us out of a contract. This photo was taken in St. Alberts Dock in Liverpool.
Narnia the Board GameNarnia the Board Game
Narnia the Board Game

to psych ourselves up for the upcoming Narnia Movie, Mitch Bought the board game from a Charity shop and we spent an afternoon collecting images from the BBC Series of the Books.
Mothers MilkMothers Milk
Mothers Milk

High Atop St. James Gate, Dublin, the mighty Guinness Sky Bar serves the tastiest Guinness On Earth.
Sheep shoppingSheep shopping
Sheep shopping

Upon running out of money in the irish country side, mitch and I were cold, hungry and in need of loving. we searched the fields for a sheep to solve all three of these problems, but its mating season and all the pretty ones were taken.
St. James GateSt. James Gate
St. James Gate

If you look behind Mitch's Eyes you realize that nothing is there. Mitch was so plastered after one pint of Guinness, that he roamed the streets of dublin trying to catch Red Headed People.
The Celtic CrossThe Celtic Cross
The Celtic Cross

The Celtic Cross was designed in the time of St. Patrick, and is a combination of Christian and Paegan Symbols used in times of yore to lure paegans to Catholocism. Gotta love St. Patrick for suppressing a culture and belief system and forcing another down the throats of an entire nation.


8th April 2006

Hey Kris!!! You're so funny!!! I'm going to practice my imitation of horne section (actually I don't remember when i did that and if I really did that lol) we can have a rock band soon, u and mitch sing, i do the instruments with my mouth (everybody knows that I'm a master in beatbox ;) ) and Natalia will dance!

Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 84; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb