And, we're off!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
September 4th 2005
Published: September 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Okay, it's official. We made it to Ireland and we found out that Patrick Pierce is here! We hooked up with him for a couple of days. Patrick is the one in the pic - with us at a pub. We originally planned to visit Northern Ireland first but we had to take advantage of some native hospitality. We are headed to Northern Ireland on Tuesday the 6th.

My first challenge (Doug) was to acclimate myself to driving on the left side of the road and the driver seat on the right side of the car. I think I only scared Mary once... but we survived without any damage to the car, us, or any pedestrians.

Tomorrow we are off to the Guinness Brewery and to visit more pubs.

You'll hear more from us soon!

Advertisement



6th September 2005

Who'd a thunk?
First stop? A PUB! There's a shocker! :)
6th September 2005

Glass Empty??
I guess we see who's glass is already empty! Have a great time and enjoy a few for me!
6th September 2005

Yay!
Glad you made it safely. I'll alert the Garda Síochána of a couple of Yanks with inefficient European driving skills. Why on earth they drive on the wrong side of the road is beyond me. :-) You're already missed in Atlanta. Have fun!
9th September 2005

Pub Crawl
How many pubs does one see in a day. Have fun.
9th September 2005

Why is Mary's beer so full?
Mary, we noticed that you were the only one in the picture who hadn't finished your beer yet. What's wrong?

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb