Guinness Foam


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
June 6th 2007
Published: June 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

so...this is just a short one...it's amazing weather in dublin and i'm going out to see the sights. i picked up my cousin from the airport (figured out how to ride the bus to and from the airport like a big girl, and spent the day in dublin walking and napping, and napping some more...napped in trinity college, st. stephens green, and christchurch) and we searched for a hostel. big planner that i am, we didn't know where we were staying that night. fortunately it stays light until 10ish, so walking late at night is no big deal. found the best hostel in ireland (former U2 recording studio for 11 euro! which is potentially the highlight of my trip), dropped our bags and went to the temple bar area, where bono and edge own the clarence hotel - believe me, you'll see pictures of all of this 😊 it was beer o'clock, and had been for quite some time, so off to find some place that sold guinness. we found a small pub and ordered the national drink. now, it takes some time to pour a guinness the right way, so it was a bit of a wait, but well worth it. rumor has it that you can stand a match up in the foam of a well-poured guinness. i took a drink, and there was a hole in the foam from my lips, it was indeed very very thick. and quite delicious. it was the first thing i'd had all day, besides airplane food, and it was very refreshing, and a solid nutritional choice as well - lots of antioxidants and relatively low in calories - good thing i'm a half-master in nutrition (that's my new nickname from my cousin, half-master)

cheers til tonight (when i'll write about the wicklow way, hitchhiking, and surviving on bread and cheese)



Advertisement



9th June 2007

we miss you!!!
so glad to hear everything is going well so far! hopefully you don't get lost riding the buses! =P. keep the updates coming, and yea...we all miss you!!! take care!!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb