The rolling hills of Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
April 10th 2006
Published: April 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So ive been thoroughly enjoying my time here in Dublin city. Over the last couple of days though Louise and I have ventured outward into the rolling hills of Ireland. On saturday we drove half an hour to a massive manor called Powerscourt. We had a little lunch there and wandered the tourists shops and marveled at the size of the estate. It would have belonged to a "lord" of the land back in the 1800s. Man alivin were these people rich. After we headed further down to Doneylough (pronounced doneloch) where they have two beautiful lakes situated amongst the hills. Beside one of the lakes is an old monks village which was fascinating. There were old churches, towers and ANCIENT fancy graves. Then we just went around for a walk and enjoyed the sun (while it was out) Yesterday was Sunday so we went to Louises church in the morning and then after lunch decided to climb one of Dublins "mountains" Their pretty much just big hills but it was still a steep walk up to the top. It had a lovely view of Dublin city and some nice huge rocks to climb haha. Course this beautiful scenery and quietness was ruined at one point by a group of about 15 dirtbikers riding around us popping wheelies and generally just showing off their great "skills" on their bikes. We had a good laugh tho so it was okay. After dinner we went to Lucindas church for their Easter program where the chorus performed some songs from "The Jerusalem Passion" It was phenomenal!!! The voices, the harp, the violin, the piano and the flute just sounded brilliant together. We chatted with people afterwards for a while before heading home.
In a few hours im going to be heading up to northern Ireland to meet up with Jen. Were going to have dinner with the Wilsons tonight and then tomorrow Jen and I hop on a plane for GLASGOW!!! I hear its freezing up there but whatever, i'll buy a scarf! I cant wait! haha.
Anyhow, off I go.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb