Leaving Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
June 6th 2005
Published: June 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Starting with Saturday, Charles and I wandered the city. We went to the National Gallery which had some very nice pieces, including a great Carrivaggo (sp) and a Vermeer. After that, we went to the Museum of Natural Science. It was creepy as hell...it was four floors of taxidermied animals. We then had lunch in a nearby park and wandered to another park. We watched some dancers there before heading over to St. Patrick's Cathedral, Christ Church Cathedral and Dublin Castle. From there we went to a church that is said to have perserved human remains that supposedly inspired Bram Stoker, but it was closed. We went by the Jameson distillery, but didn't go on the tour. After a quick nap, we went to The Celt with the crew from The Rainbow (our hostel). We had so much fun singing and dancing and drinking.

Sunday, slept in and went to the Wax Museum. We crawled through a tunnel for kids. Halfway through, the lights went out and Charles felt what he thought was a person and freaked out. We turned around and hauled ass out of there. Later that day, we took a bus to Naas to visit Charles' family. We weren't able to find them and when we finally got there phone number, they weren't home. Apparently, they live so far out in the country that they don't have street names or house numbers! But, Naas was very beatiful and we were glad to have gotten to see rural Ireland. That evening we hung out at the hostel with about 15 of our new friends.

Today, we slept as late as possible and then checked out of the hostel. We have zig-zaged from one end of Dublin to the other and back. We got SO lost! We had a very nice 2 course meal with wine for 10.90€. It felt like a steal! Tomorrow, we fly to Brussells. At 10:00 we are taking the bus to the airport. Our flight doesn't leave until 6:30am but the last bus runs at 10 and the first one tomorrow isn't until 7am. So, we will stay in the airport tonight. From Brussells, we will take a train to Amsterdam. Not flying to Amsterdam directly, saved us about 60€. If we take the ferry to France, it costs more than flying and takes a lot longer. The ferry ride alone is 18 hours. We'll be in Amsterdam by tomorrow night.

This computer is not letting me upload pictures, so you will get pics next time. Sorry!

Advertisement



6th June 2005

right around a week and you've already seen so much! hope the foot is holding up well and the beer is as good as they say it is :) by the way, thought you'd find it amusing that my father was on the phone yesterday with his sister and mentioned "lena's most recent roommate had 30-some peircings and a heart of gold." sweet little frazier. ;) (he says "hi") - magdalena
6th June 2005

Brussels! Whoo-hooo!!!!
Court, Don't knock Brussels, pot is now legal in Belgium too. But instead of "coffee shops", you will only find waffles or "gaufres". Still, they're damn good. As long as you're in Brussels, you can't miss their 1 claim to fame: The Peeing Boy statue - Cindi

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb