Easter Weekend in Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
April 17th 2017
Published: April 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

St. Patrict's CathedralSt. Patrict's CathedralSt. Patrict's Cathedral

Founded about 1100AD, I think the church was built in the 12th century. Inside are massive columns and stoneworks. Very impressive structure.
Our AirBnB is a minimal establishment with few amenities but Kathy and I have moved in, taken over, and generally made ourselves at home. Sunday, we attended Easter services at St Patrict's Cathedral and set in the fourth row from the front. Very cool. The pastor mentioned the Brexit and US vs N. Korea...the sequal. We both found that interesting for the Easter message. St. Patricts Cathedral was built around 1350AD and as the services continued, I pondered how they built the church. We eventually made our way to Trinity College, Merrion Park, and Stephen's Green park. The entire Dublin City Center is getting ready for the Easter holiday scheduled for tomorrow. Fencing is being setup on the streets to separate pedestrians from the traffic and all the pubs are full of tourists. There is going to be a mess of people in Dublin tomorrow.

Both of us wanted to go into the Trinity College Library to see the Long Hall but the line for the Book of Kells exhibit prohibited us from getting into the library. About 4:00, Kathy mentioned that I was getting a little cranky (who? Me?). I guess my lower lip was dragging. She directed me
Kathy at Trinity CollegeKathy at Trinity CollegeKathy at Trinity College

This guy is keeping an eye on Kathy. Must know her reputation in the states. Looks like he is ready to pounce if she makes a wrong move.
into the nearest Quick Care...the local pub...and the doctors began an immediate transfusion. Within 30 mins I was well on my way to recovery.

We headed home for further treatment of wine, cheese, bread, and hummus. I am fully recovered as I write this post.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Old Building at Trinity CollegeOld Building at Trinity College
Old Building at Trinity College

I really don't know what building this is but it was old.
Grounds at Stephen's GreenGrounds at Stephen's Green
Grounds at Stephen's Green

You would not believe how long I had to wait for the crowd to clear to take this shot
Trinity College LibraryTrinity College Library
Trinity College Library

Inside this building is the Long Hall of the Book of Kells. Very impressive. Look the Long Hall in Dublin up on the internet to see it. Make sure you don't get the bar. It's not so impressive.


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb