Hiking Tomorrow...Drinking and Eating Today


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
March 31st 2017
Published: April 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Friday we were relegated to the local area around Sandymount due to the rail and bus strikes. This was not necessarily a bad thing because we were able to walk the surrounding area including Irishtown and a portion along the coast of the Irish Sea. Found several promising areas to live consisting of small brike row houses that were very cute. We did find that the Irish dogs are much better mannered than most Americans. Kathy and I tried to entice them over for a pet but they would have none of it.

There was a football game (rugby) scheduled in Aviva Stadium on Saturday so our hotel was setting up for the festivities. Lots of people checking in and asking about the strike. The local rugby team, the Wasps, had banners on every corner. I have no idea how they faired in the games but I can say that those guys are nuts.

Later that night we had dinner and beers (consisting of Irish Lamb Stew and Guinness of course) at Patty Cullin's Pub in Ballsbridge. It was very good. Spoke to the bar tender who apparently was a betting man. When he found out we lived in Lexington, he was all about asking about favored horses. I gave him a nice tip..."don't bet on #5." Needless to say we didn't get our drinks for free.

To start our hike, we decided not to take a chance on the striking transit so we arrange a cab for the morning and starting packing for our hike. Needless to say, all the revellers were up late and our sleep was fitful but tomorrow we are on the trail.

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will. But for now I'm just figuring out this blog thing.

Advertisement



4th April 2017

Trail time
Looking firward to hearing all about the trail

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb