dizzying dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
September 15th 2007
Published: September 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I AM VERY NEARLY OUT OF THE 2 MONTH MARK!

This is good. according to patri, month 2 is the hardest. Just past the excitment and newness of month one, things settle in, you reconsider all your decisions, over and over.. i agree with her!

But its all grand, of course. The fringe festival has had its way this week, and I am an Official volunteer. Not that i´ve done much: tonight will be my 2nd time volunteering. On thursday, I picked up a photographer from the airport, who was with a woman who may or may not have been his girlfriend. Regardless, Mim and Matthew were very sweet people, and didn´t know someone was meeting them at the airport, so very excited to see me! It was cool. He was a photographer for the parkour group The Urban Playground (AARON ROBERGE READ THIS NOW!), and i ended up meeting two parkour-ists when i got back to the fringe office. Very cool. Mim is doing a dance workshop in the festival, she too was interesting. An older woman, with crazy braided dreadlocked hair. Somehow i got today off, and managed to go see the urban playground show, and there were members of teh Yamakasi there (originators of parkour).

This morning, i went to the dublin buddhist centre for a yoga session, it was unlike any session id previously been to, because we used bolsters, and blocks and foam supporters, belts, all sorts of stuff.

Today i also bought a spanish book! So now i´m having supper and updating, and gonna crack this book open till i have volunteering from 9-2 tonight. Im doing the speigletent which is the most popular venue, so thatll be neat especially on a saturday night.

The weather here is ohsostrange. Hasn´t rained for at least a week, after raining all summer. and though its fall, I was walking through the park today and everything was still so green! No complaints, its just the irish weather doesnt seem to have a method to its madness.

And heres a grass is greener moment ive been meaning to mention. Yesterday (this is not the first time) a man asked me WHY i would EVER leave canada?! Its the greatest country in the world!! Etc etc. And then I mentioned to him that in canada, a lot of people go on about visiting europe, and backpacking.. its the ´thing to do'. He couldn´t believe it. Genuinely shocked!

Thats all for now, take care!!



Advertisement



15th September 2007

WOOT!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb