Becki and Nanci’s European Adventure


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
October 16th 2023
Published: October 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today was a day on our own, so we decided to take it easy, not set an alarm, and just have a slow start to our morning. By the time we were up and ready to start the day, it was past time to partake in the hotel breakfast. So we decided just to walk around town and find someplace to eat breakfast, brunch, or lunch. We saw McDonald’s, Burger King, and KFC. We decided to go in one of them, opened the door, and found it was a Mall!

We walked through the mall, found a lovely café/coffee shop and decided to eat there. I had pancakes and fruit and a flat white. Nanci had a sausage roll and a great coffee. As we sat at the cafe having our breakfast, we looked around, and saw a TK Maxx (same as T a j Maxx), a Claire’s, Sbarro, pizza, and auntie Anne’s . We thought we could be sitting in the mall in Parkersburg or Morgantown, it seem just the about the same.

We went out a different door from where we entered and found a closed street shopping area. We found one of my favorite stores (since my last trip to Ireland), Carroll’s Irish gifts! You might call Carroll’s the Walmart of Irish gifts as they have everything, and I learned that there is one or two in nearly every city or town in Ireland. Nanci was like a kid in a candy store. The thing about Carroll’s is they have an online store that’s just as overwhelming as their brick and mortar store. So if you forget anything you can order and have it shipped to your home.

After shopping and checking out the town we headed back to the hotel. We had time to rest a bit and freshen up before meeting our tour Director and our tour group. We were to meet at 5:30 for orientation followed by dinner. I opted for the Guinness stew, which was delicious. Nanci had some kind of chicken that wasn’t so good. You just got a live and learn when you travel or not be as picky as Nanci! (She told me to say that!)

Following in the meeting, it was off to bed as we had an early start tomorrow morning.

Nite all!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb