Day 4


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Kinsale
July 16th 2013
Published: July 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 4

Well,quite the exciting day today! We started by going to the Blarney Castle to kiss the ol Blarney Stone. And we were all successful. Very cool gardens on the grounds too. We then went to the welcoming area and lo (thats "low" in Irish)and behold there was a bar, and they had "stout challenge" (they give you 3 different stouts and you try to figure out which was which), and the five of us who participated got them all correct! Amazing. Then the real adventure began. We went to Bandon, the city where Janet's family came from. We went to their heritage center and met a man who helped us find the family farm. We were just going to ride by, but the Cummins family was so excited to see the relatives from America they invited us to visit. It was quite the adventure finding the farm, but thanks to our wonderful driver Eric (and about 5 or 6 folks we stopped along the way), we found it. It was a great visit, and we learned the farm has been in the family for 8 generations, and it is a 100 acre dairy farm. They were very welcoming and Becky was made an honorary member of the Cummins family. We stayed the night in a town called Kinsale and had a great dinner at a place called "the Shack".


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



17th July 2013

Dairy Maid?
Three questions: 1) How did Becky end up being an honorary family member of the Cummin's family? Did she win the 'most likely to milk a cow' award? (I know that's two questions, but they are related) 2) Who can seriously tell the difference between three stouts? It's brown beer, for crying out loud. And it tastes like something brown - that's for sure. Sounds like a bogus challenge to me. 3) Who the heck is Kathy sitting on? Are you sure the beer challenge wasn't out on the dairy farm? Just sayin'..... Love & Hugs to all! P.
20th July 2013

You're a riot Patsy
Mr Cummins insisted on Becky being in the photo. Great folks they are.
17th July 2013

Cummins Family
How exciting it must have been to meet your relatives. We are sorry we missed Kinsale. Our friends the Donaghys said it was their favorite city. Love to all.

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb