day 3


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry
July 16th 2013
Published: July 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 3

We started our day with a killer breakfast at the Ballyseed castle and then off we went to explore the Ring of Kerry. Our first stop was to have an irish coffee at the Red Fox Inn and we walked through a replica of an old bog village. There were two irish wolfhounds there but they wouldn't get up. As we were driving thru Cahersiveen, we saw a small grocery called James Curran so we snapped a photo. This was also the town of Daniel O'Connell (the Liberator). Back in the van, we stopped at a lame museum, a bit disappointing. But we recovered by going to some castle ruins and got to explore them. We rode along the coast and got to enjoy more spectacular views, stopping at the Skellig cliffs, which rival the Cliffs of Mohair. A long day of seeing beautiful country, having great food, and a pint or two. Another night at Ballyseed castle tonight and then off to Blarney and county Cork tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



16th July 2013

Wise Buy or Wise Guy?
Not sure if the right sign in hanging in the window of James Curran Grocery. Love the pictures. So pretty. I bet the scenery is more beautiful in person. Keep the pics coming! Did you get a photo of the Blarney Stone today?
16th July 2013

Wise Buy or Wise Guy?
I'm not sure that grocery store has the correct sign in the window. Pictures are so pretty. I bet the scenery is even more beautiful in person. Keep those photos coming. i definitely want to see a picture of the Blarney Stone!
16th July 2013

Glad you're having a good time. You picked a good week to go. It's close to 100 degrees here.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb