Kinsale


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Kinsale
October 8th 2011
Published: October 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a rush to the bus stop at 9am in the morning after sleeping in from watching an amazing band called Cellar Door from the night before at Cyprus Avenue in Cork we were on our way to Kinsale. We had visited the small seaside town only 2 weeks ago but we desperately wanted to visit Charles Fort! After the 50 minute bus trip and a long read of our Music & Film magazines we were finally there.

We walked the small brightly coloured streets that were filled of pubs, cafes, small arty shops and the cliche tourist shops for about an hour with a small pit stop to the supermarket for some late breakfast - which was a delicious sausage roll for me and a minced pie for Corey.

After enough discussions and disagreements we decided to walk the 2km hike to Charles Fort. it took about an hour due to the stops along the way for me to take photographs which in the end started to annoy Corey as he was quite eager to get to the Fort.

After the last hike uphill we reached Charles Fort. It had such magnificent views of the harbour, ocean and Kinsale from a distance. We walked through the Fort for about an hour taking lots of photographs and seeing those amazing breath taking views. We then decided to get a taxi back into Kinsale and grab some lunch. We went to a small cafe where we enjoyed a really tasty Hawaiian pizza.

We decided to hop on the bus and head home for a well needed afternoon nap. Once we arrived home we chilled for a bit then decided to go to the local shops with Sexy Bottoms aka our other mate Corey to get some supplies to cook dinner with. We were cooking a really moist chicken that gets cooked ontop of a beer can which I had previously saw Sexy Bottoms cook a few weeks back. We had a lovely tasty meal along with Scalloped Potatoes - which we call potato bake back home. We headed to the Pavilion after dinner to catch 2 bands that we heard sounded amazing - which they were! We had a few drinks and enjoyed the music with a midnight maccas run on the way home... a perfect way to end such a fun filled day!

Keep reading our other blogs!! x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb