OY! St. Patrick's Day in Ireland!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Cork
March 17th 2010
Published: March 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ok WOW!! St. Patrick's day in ireland is way insane!! People started drinking as soon as they woke up and soon began wandering the streets. Its kind of strange that the whole green obsession isn't really that prominent here, dont get me wrong people are definitely in green but way less so than back home. i wore my irish knee socks today so i was sure not to be pinched 😊

the parade was great!! there were a bunch of families, groups and even driven floats that came down the main street of town. There were people everywhere and with all the irish accents, it just seemed so traditional and unreal. Kasey took a few pics, I actually forgot my camera but I will hopefully have those pics soon and will put them up. After that Kasey and i came back to see what was on tv. We kind of wanted to get off the streets, it was a little sketchy and intimidating! we found hurling presented in irish so we watched that for a while and felt pretty legit! haha then we watched harry potter 4, which came on after that. Luckily it was in english so we could understand what was going on. while doing all of this and up until now writing this, i have been studying for irish. It seemed fitting today and was much needed. Now i am going to go make some dinner and then kasey and i are going to brave the outside for a few hours and try to find some traditional irish-ness.

Hope you all are having a great st. patricks day!! and good luck my friends back home on your finals!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0965s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb