Cork City


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Cork
May 16th 2007
Published: May 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Coral: Well we've made a lot of progress distance wise since our last post. Still haven't managed to find an internet cafe with a place to download pictures yet. Oh well. There will be many pictures to see when we return, we had to buy another memory card for the camera today. Today we've ended up in Cork which is a surprisingly large city, much bigger than we expected and we haven't even seen anything but our BB yet, just trying to find it was crazy, a bit like getting around in Seattle. Anyways, since Dublin we have been to Newgrange and Knowth, two neolithic barrial tombs where they do an amazing show of light to show you what it would be like standing inside Newgrange for sunrise on the winter solstice; the Hill of Tara where the High Kings of Ireland got their power; Slane and Slane Castle; Glendalough which has a medieval monestary in the Wicklow mountains; the Rock of Cashel which is another medieval church ontop of a high hill; Kilkenny city, castle, and night life with live Irish music and... a lot of other things I'm forgetting right now. Lots of cows and sheep, lots of high towers at ruined churches and lots of celtic crosses and high crosses. Tomorrow its shopping in Cork then up to Blarney castle to kiss the blarney stone, and then up to the Ring of Kerry. Two weeks down, two to go!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb