Cliffs of Moher, Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare » Cliffs of Moher
August 18th 2014
Published: August 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

As an Irishman you sometimes get lost in all the beauty of Ireland. But sometimes you miss out on one of the great's location for travel in Ireland, Europe and the world in my belief. At the age of 28 was my first trip to the cliffs of Moher. Traveled on this trip by bus, a tour company. Leaving my home town of Cork @ 08.30a.m. As we traveled to the cliffs the driver informed the group about historic facts, most I knew but some where new to me, can't know everything now can I.



Travelling along the Atlantic coast, there was some amazing views. The Aran Islands for one as we stopped by the baby Cliffs. As the Atlantic crashed against the rocks below one could get lost in all the incredible views and sounds of these waves. As we toured around Clare the driver showed the group an old Famine house. As small farm house from the past of when Ireland was nearly destroyed and half of the countries population traveled aboard to find new homes and new life's for their families.



This small house really would make one think of what people who developed Ireland had to go through. As usual there was a few castle's like many countries and the history of the land but it was this small cottage house, still half standing in a small field that really capture my mind, body and heart.



Stopped for lunch in Doolin, small village with just two restaurants. Food was nice and of a great price . Chicken with potato and mouth watering sauce of mushroom. The taste is still in my plate memory.



The of Cliffs of Moher was the next stop. What a beautiful, incredible location. The shops where designed into the mountain. Really makes the location eco-friendly. The staff where amazing. As we walked up and around the cliffs a man played his tin whistle. The sound echoed through the cliffs and for a moment it was like the cliffs came alive. I can see why they filmed the Harry Potter movie here. As the Atlantic crashed against the cliffs, tourists from all nations where taken photos, laughing and have a great time.



The tower on the hill called O,Brien's was nice but the fact you would needed to pay €2 to get in was a joke. It is a small amount of money but to be asked for more money after you entered the cliffs was a small bit of an insult. But this did not take away from one of the wonders of the world in my mind. It was like a drop in the big blue Atlantic ocean that played it songs against the cliffs.



Most see for everyone while in Ireland........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb