The Cliffs of Moher and a travel day


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare » Cliffs of Moher
May 17th 2011
Published: May 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sorry this one is a day late! i thought i updated it and completely forgot somehow :P

on the 17th, I got up super-early even though we were out drinking to close and caught an 8am bus to the Cliffs of Moher. It was super-foggy, to the point of being dangerous if there weren't barriers set up all along the cliff. I got some decent pics, but it's really hard to tell by looking at them how cool of a moment was. It was like being at the edge of the world. It was amazing. I took a short video, just to record the sounds and to try and catch the mist gusting up the side of the cliffs. it was a visit full of amazing moments.

After that, i walked what was probably 10k back to the hostel with my bags on, even walking a negative kilometer at one point. let me explain. one sign said "Doolin, 2km" and i was happy to be done. the next sign said "Doolin, 3km".

DAAAAAAAMMMMIIIIIIIT!!! hahaha it wasn't a bad walk, really. When i got back, i said goodbye to Paige and Bryan and caught the next bus to Dublin airport, and from there to Belfast, where i got checked in for the night! Here, i met a Quebequois guy named Guillaume, which was cool b/c i got to practice some French, which is coming along nicely, and he got to practice his English, which was about like my French: functional, but could use some polishing.

It was a long day of travel, but it was a chance to rest my legs and my camera. I may well get over 500 pictures taken before these 9 days are up :P

Adventure Awaits!

Jordan


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

interesting muralinteresting mural
interesting mural

idk how the painter did it, but wherever you stand, as long as you can see this mural it looks like the guy's weapon is on you


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb