Cliffs of Moher and the Burren


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare » Cliffs of Moher
May 23rd 2009
Published: May 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we left Galway and toured the Southwest of Ireland.

We visited the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren in County Clare.

We visited the Burren first which is so weird. It's like a lunar landscape of limestone. The rocks were left after the last ice age and when the glaciers melted away they left seeds from all over the world. So, there are plants growing there from the arctic and the Mediterranean.

Then, we saw the legendary Cliffs of Moher. I have to say that I enjoyed the cliffs on the Aran Islands more. The Cliffs or Moher were much more touristy and had man-made steps to climb. At the Dun Aungess on the Aran Islands, you had to climb the original steps in the fort. It was still an impressive view, nevertheless. Plus, my friend Katie and I climbed over the fence to get a better view.

We also entered Limerick and toured it by bus. It is really to dangerous to tour by foot. The Irish call it "Stab-City." We saw King John's Castle and where the author was inspired to write the book and movie, Angela's Ashes.

Finally, we entered County Kerry where we stayed for the most of our trip, and the most lovely Village of Sneem.

I will add pictures soon, it's not working at the moment.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb