First Day on the Job


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland
May 19th 2015
Published: May 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Sat May 16 Day 2

First Day on the Job

Woke up this morning with the sun glaring into my eyes. Then it was time to pick up the massive amounts of poop from the night before. The dogs do their usual howling session to ensure that we are awake. We had a 7 person tour at 10am so we prepped the sleds and the dogs with lines and harnesses. I learned how to lead the sled out by grabbing one of the lead dogs and running with them 10-15 meters or so and then they’re off on their own. We had two tours in total today and the one at 2pm had only two people so they trained Christopher, the other new guy on an empty sled. Lets talk about the food. Breakfast is usually a piece of toast maybe some butter or cheese on top. Lunch yesterday was chicken, rice and red sauce. For dinner we made mashed potatoes, chopped up bacon, beans, and some strange block of meat all mixed together and put on a plate. It was quite good but I’m almost certain that not all the meat was cooked. Guess I’ll find out soon enough. I discovered the peanut butter and the two dutch guys sarcastically remarked “oh no, the american found the peanut butter, he’s gonna grab a spoon and it’ll be gone by tomorrow”. The pregnant dog Nanja is doing well. I fed the dogs for the first time and they go insane when it’s time to eat. The only thing keeping them from tearing us apart and eating all the food is a few chain links that luckily we check every day for faults. Still no dog fights or dogs getting loose which is really nice. Cheerios.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.368s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb