Canada/Iceland


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland
June 6th 2023
Published: June 18th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Toronto is a lovely city and people so friendly. We went up the CN tower to the observation deck to see the amazing views. Today we took the train to Niagara Falls but the got stuck in a 2 hour traffic jam on a bus attempting to get back.😐. The falls were very impressive from the Canadian side as we could see both the horseshoe falls and the American ones quite clearly. Hundreds of tourists there but still worthwhile.
Weather has beeb great so we took a ferry over to Toronto Island and walked right to the other end to get another ferry back. We happened upon a "clothing optional beach" and saw more than I wanted to see!
We then moved out of Toronto to another Airbnb where the Canadian hosts were so welcoming that they drove us to a lovely restaurant to have dinner with them showed us the local sights and lake!
We managed to catch up with my niece and her husband who emigrated 14 years ago and so good to see them after all this time.
Iceland was amazing but we were so glad we packed extra warm clothes because it was so cold compared to Canada. Reykjavik is a really interesting city and our guided bus tour of parts of the island was fascinating with its amazingly turquoise blue waterfall although I have to say that our New Zealand geysers are far superior!
Now in the UK. More to come soon.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



18th June 2023

Helloooo!!!
So good to hear from you both & glad you’re on your travels again! We’ve all been longing to travel for so long but thankfully it’s now possible. Will you be heading to Europe in a Motorhome? So looking forward to hearing all your stories. Safe travels x
18th June 2023

England
Hi Sue and Ian. Great to hear from you. We are in England now and next stop France followed by an Amsterdam to Budapest river cruise. Then back to England involving 4 cat/house sits! Unfortunately we won't be able to get to Scotland! Take care. Suzanne and Pete.
19th June 2023

Hope Pete is OK.
I am glad you are having a great trip. I am so sorry you inadvertently stumbled on the "clothing optional beach". It must have been very stressful for Pete. I hope Pete got out of there quickly before getting a heart attack or something. Dave
23rd June 2023

Clothing optional
Hi Dave, Pete's eyes were only on the ladies so he managed quite well!😊

Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.1833s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb