Reykjavik


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Reykjavík
July 27th 2012
Published: July 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

About the time I checked out wednesday to walk to the Thorshavn harbor the drizzle stopped and the wind took over again.Wind took over so much that the ferry captain was scared to damage a threemaster, a huge sailing ship, of the denish Marine.After various trials the ferry captain asked the denish captain to move his ship a few metres what they did by hand what costed quite some manpower. After it had been done we could leave with 1 hour delay.Sea was not too bad and I spent my last denish money to drink wine .Anyhow you never can buy much wine for also at sea its high priced.

Reached Seydisfjoerdur at 7.30 thursday morning.I took the scheduled bus on 7.55 to Egilstadir .Nobody expected a minibus for 9 people and I had the last seat.The balance of the waiting passengers came later with an unscheduled bus.

Waited at the tourist informatioin centre 4 hours for the next bus to Akureyri. Coach 62a left at 13 hours and after 4 hours I had to change to coach 60a for the last 400 km to Reykjavik.

Finding the busstop in Egilstadir was a bit difficult for the stop was in front of a camping without any sign. Never have seen so many small campings as today with a lot of tents, caravans and campers. Lot of the tourists are dutch. Met a german couple at the restaurant near the busstop. She was a musician . I asked if you could earn any money with making music . She said yes but very little but its fun. The guy was Mathematiker, less fun more money,Found later out they were brother and sister.

Iceland is a huge country with only 320.000 inhabitants. The 700 km from Seydisfjoer to Reyjavik was mostly empty space. A brutal but beautifull nature. Mountainious with lots of bare rocks and still higher in the mountains some snow,lots of fog and some sheep and small island horses.An endless two lane road brougt me via the northern route to Reykjavik and finaly reached my destination after 17 days travelling.Took a taxi from the busstation and found my appartment and after using the entrance code to open the building and the second code to open the small safe with mey room key it was already midnight


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb