TOUR 08 - Iceland Discovery - 8 Days; Intrepid Travel; MON, 26 SEP 2022 – MON, 03 OCT 2022


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Reykjavík
September 26th 2022
Published: October 4th 2022
Edit Blog Post

MON, 26 SEP 2022 – Day 1

Introduction - Travel to Iceland and delve into the ancient tales of Vikings and volcanoes on this eight-day adventure to its heartlands. Marvel at geothermal hot springs, witness the steamy eruptions of a giant geyser, touch the tongue of Europe's biggest glacier at Vatnajokull and cruise the Jokulsarlong Glacial Lagoon, see lava that's still warm after decades and witness the giant Skogafoss and Detifoss waterfalls in all their splendour. Travel through Iceland's isolated corners and the land of the famous Blue Lagoon – so mysterious and ethereal that they have inspired artists, poets and musicians for centuries. Plus, with a local leader on hand to answer any questions and get you from place to place, you’ll be cruising around this icy isle in no time.

MON, 26 SEP 2022 – Day 1: Reykjavik - Hallo! Welcome to Reykjavik, which lies just below the Arctic Circle. The city sees around four hours of sunlight a day in winter and 22 hours or more in summer. Surrounded by volcanic peaks and crystalline ocean and boasting a vibrant arts and nightlife scene, Reykjavik's contrasts are utterly beguiling. Your adventure kicks off with a welcome meeting at 6 pm at your accommodation. If you arrive early, why not head to the National Museum, which depicts the history of Iceland from the ninth century – when the first Vikings from mainland Scandinavia arrived and settled – to the present day. Or perhaps join locals who gossip and chatter in the Laugardalslaug Geothermal Pool.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Out for a Walk in Downtown Reykjavik, IcelandOut for a Walk in Downtown Reykjavik, Iceland
Out for a Walk in Downtown Reykjavik, Iceland

Hallgrímskirkja – A Lutheran Parish Church in Reykjavík, Iceland Is 74.5 metres tall, is the largest church in Iceland and is among the tallest structures in the country
Out for a Walk in Downtown Reykjavik, IcelandOut for a Walk in Downtown Reykjavik, Iceland
Out for a Walk in Downtown Reykjavik, Iceland

This statue of explorer Leif Erikson (c.970 – c.1020) stands in front of the church and predates its construction


Tot: 0.615s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 67; dbt: 0.4829s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb