Our First Trip to Reykjavík in Iceland ! And an Amazing Camper Van


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » North
April 8th 2019
Published: April 8th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We decided to take a trip. This time in a hired camper van (to save on costs and travel expenses) for a short trip across Iceland . We have travelled extensively in our lives and wanted to do a trip with a little bit of adventure added this time, so we thought this was a good idea. We already did lots of research online before the trip, so the first thing was the planning and various rental options we could find when we got there quick Google for camper rental Iceland, Iceland camper rental and how to find the best driving routes in Icelandand off we go. Once we had planned the route and picked up the camper from the hire company, we loaded with all of our supplies and we set out to see the sites along the way to Vogavegur and our trip towards Akureyri area.

We both love nature, walking hills and trails, taking in as much of the areas we visit as a good rest from the drudgery of everyday life as a whole. Working hard and covering the costs of living is hard work and we all need a nice break when we can get it.

We decided to visit The National Park for the day , so we could see some of the natural scenes of the local area. On our planned trip we turned off to see the sites at Mosfellsbær; which is known as a beautiful town in the south west of Iceland and has some incredible scenery to the east of the country's capital in Reykjavík. The scenery was stunning along the way and the park was absolutely amazing to experience (once we got to Thingvellir National Park).

Even the sprawling green county side was an incredible sight to behold, with lush grass and wild wooden area’s outstretched all around you, it was well worth waling the trails to get a great feel for the beauty of this are of the world. We both wished we could stay longer, but took plenty of pictures and before we lost the light and had to head back to our camper to settle in for the evening. We had such a wonderful day out to say the least. If the truth be told we walked for miles that day and now needed the rest.
The next day was mainly travelling and we hit the road, taking in the stunning scenes along the way. With lovely dinners and frequent stops this was a wonderful trip we will never forget. Memories are wonderful things as they will stay with you all of your lives. You have to make the most of them when you can and such a refreshing change at the same time.

All in all we had a wonderful time and would recommend doing it as part of a break away, doing something out of the ordinary. The key for us on this particular break was the fun we had and knowing you have both the freedom to go where you want to go, and always have your RV in the local car park to come back to after seeing the sites. Some amazing views out there so “Go for it!” We were so glad we did and plan to travel much further and longer next time. There is too much to take in for a short visit. Remember to plan your trip well in advance and make sure you take your camera. Have fun!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb