Off to Eger


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Northern Hungary » Eger
August 4th 2009
Published: August 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

P8030665P8030665P8030665

Last Dinner in Rome.
We met this morning before 7am to pick up our breakfast to go and head to the airport. Two of the boys were not up in time and made up for it by doing a swim set later.

Both the Rome airport and the flight were a breeze. We gathered all of our luggage and met up with our contact Kate. She led us to our bus and then sent us on our way. Our bus driver did not speak any English. It was about a two and half hour bus ride to Eger and the guys slept most of the way. It was dead silent the entire ride.

We got to Eger around 3pm and we were very hungry. We checked into the Hotel Eger Park, which is extremely nice. It is like a resort spa and hotel with many great amenities. We will be eating breakfast and dinner here everyday. Lunch is served at a restaurant near the pool. We were given intrstuctions on how to find it but unfortunately it was not that simple. We found a thermal bath water park that the pool and restaurant were supposed to be at and walked around it aimlessly for about 3ö minutes. We tried to ask for help many times but no one spoke English. We finally found someone that did and realized we were in the wrong place. Once we found the lunch locatoin is was around 4pm.

Lunch was very good. Chicken soup to start wtih some sore of meat and and noodle dish as the main course. We were so hungry it didn´t matter what you put in front of us. After lunch we went back to the hotel for a bit and then left for the pool for our first practice. We would be scrimmaging a local Hungarian team. Both Brian and Í were very impressed how our kids held their own during the scrimmage. It was more physical than what we are used to back home but the boys adjusted very well and lost by only 3 or 4. In particular PJ, James and Ramsery played exceptionally well. Brian even called Ramsey the MVP of the scrimmage. I really liked how our boys didn´t back down. The pool is very old, has a rock bottom and a lot of character. After the scrimmage the boys had a half hour swim set and then we were off to dinner.

Dinner is served in our hotel and is buffet style. It was very good with a lot of options. The boys were pleased. I think they will sleep well tonight after their first day back in the water. I didn˙t take a lot of pictures today but I will post the ones I did soon.

It´s good to see the boys back in the water again and it looks like it will be a very productive week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



6th August 2009

That mineral pool is sweet! Why cant we get stuff like that here?

Tot: 0.422s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb