Budapest is cooooolddddd


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
October 31st 2006
Published: October 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

So we attempted a daytrip to budapest today and were semi successful in that we made it there really easily the only problem was that i thought since it is south, it was going to be warm.. boy was i wrong. all i wore was a longsleeved shir and jeans, i was freezing my butt off. It must have been 2 degrees C outside and there was a really nice breeze coming off the danube that made it even colder. It really was a shame because i think that if i had been warm, i really would have enjoyed budapest because it is split up into two parts, buda and pest which are separated by the danube river, we were on the new side of pest and all the architecture looked really old and neat so i really would have liked to get over to the old towne part. I was also hoping that we would be able to go in the natural hot springs that they have there but we didnt make it, it probably would have been too cold any ways. But it was a really neat experience because i was expeting a really resort filled towne because for some reason that has been the picture i got from reading about it, and it really was just a neat old really big city. I got some pictures of the buildings on the new side which i will put up tommorrow and it is amazing that those buildings are part of the new city.
I did try some traditional Hungarian goulash which was out of this world, it is basically just a beef stew and im not sure if it was the recipe or the fact that i had just got in out of the freezing weather and anything warm would have tasted great but it put my dads beef stew to shame and that is saying a lot. well that is about all for now, tomorrow we have another day in vienna and then we are off to munich.
love and miss everyone,
-Jack-

Advertisement



1st November 2006

Gloves
I guess you'll have to do as we did going up to the Mt. Always carry a jacket or coat or start layering. we were up for the Halloween Party on Mt. Lemmon and the weatherman said no rain expected,but the kids got wet on the hayride. Getting cold here too. Think of our summers when you get real cold. Ha Ha. Miss You LOve M.E. MOm Helen
1st November 2006

Chile
I forgot to tell you that Rossi won the Chile coookoff in his office and at Sundays Mt. Party People thought Dad's chile was the best even though it was not a contest this year. Any real good spices over there?

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb