Thermal Baths


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
December 14th 2012
Published: December 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a long day on the train, we finally arrived in Budapest from Nuremberg and after dumping our stuff (and receiving a free drink) at our hotel, we hit the streets. Im pleased to say that my map reading skills, which abandoned me in Nuremberg, are back to their normal excellent self here in Budapest.

Unfortunately the weather was not to be our friend in Budapest, a heavy fog settled in the first morning we were there and did not really leave until late in our last afternoon. Budapest is a beautiful place, even with the fog, but sadly we did not get to see its true potential.

Having said that though, we still got out and about, walking the riverbanks of the Danube on both the Buda and Pest sides, you definately get the best view walking along the Pest side, admiring the Buda side with the Castle, Citadel and Parliament all up on the hills. However to walk around on the Buda side is not as pretty or as tourist friendly as Pest.

Budapest is known for its Spas and thermal baths. Hot springs come naturally from the ground all over Budapest reaching a high of 72 degrees! The spas have to be cooled down for people to go in them. We decided to have a go and get in the spa, beautiful while you were in it with stem raising all around you, not so fun getting in and out when its 1 degree outside.

On our last night we went on a river cruise on the Danube. There was a buffet dinner, welcoming drinks and live music accompanied the view we finally got of Budapest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb