Budapest Airport Transfer –Get Cheap and Affordable Transport from Airport to the City


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
March 2nd 2019
Published: March 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

An affordable and reliable airport transfer service will take you quickly to your hotel so that your visit to Budapest starts smoothly.

You can book a one-way ticket to BUD airport, but you can also book a return transfer.

A trusted company uses this transfer service that has existed for many years and provides an efficient and honest service to its customers. You will travel in a comfortable or air-conditioned car or minibus depending on the number of passengers for which you have booked the transfer!

Budapest is the ideal choice for a holiday, whatever your budget. With our travel tips in Budapest, we'll give you an overview of everything you need to know to plan a smooth arrival and get into the city.

Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport

Budapest Airport to city is well served by public transport. The locals usually call it Ferihegy (its old name) and it is by far the biggest commercial airport in Hungary, serving as a hub for Wizzair and Ryanair. Move easily, both at the airport and in town.

Budapest Airport to The City

Budapest taxi and airport shuttle

Budapest taxi companies provide the fastest airport in Budapest for city trips. While some taxi drivers try to take advantage of travelers, it is best to stay with the official partners of Budapest Airport, Fotaxi (cab) and miniBUD (shuttle). The airport shuttle has a booth inside, near the baggage claim area, and also outside, next to the arrivals. You may need to wait up to 30 minutes for the shuttle to accommodate enough passengers. A trip to the city center costs around HUF 5000. Fotaxi has stands right in front of the arrivals - a trip can cost more than 8,000 HUF depending on the traffic.

Airport bus

The Budapest Airport Bus is by far the most affordable way to enter the city. The airport is 15 km from the city center, the journey is simple and fast, here are two options:

Free walking tour of Budapest

Twice a day, free walks start from the basilica (the magnificent downtown cathedral, not far from Maverick) to give you a glimpse of the city and its sights. Visits last an average of two and a half hours, spending time on the Pest and Buda sides, and cover most of the city's sightseeing. Participants are encouraged to tip guides. Sounds funny? Just ask the front desk for more details.

Budapest by bus and boat

One of the easiest ways to explore the city at your own pace is the flexible tourism offered by Big Bus Tours: you can hop on and off as many times as you like, while discovering the most important sights, including Royal Palace, magnificent Heroes' Square or the magnificent Parliament of the Danube. In fact, if you want to try a Danube cruise, well, Premium and Deluxe tickets include a free 80-minute Danube Cruise, including sights such as the National Theater or the Chain Bridge.

Or, if you want to take a bus that turns into a boat for part of the journey, by going straight into the river with you on board, discover the tours offered by RiverRide!

Rent a car

All major car rental companies are present in town - you can easily get a car at the airport or most places offer the opportunity to do it in town and drop it off at the airport.

Why book airport transfer service?

· A convenient trip to your hotel/apartment

· A comfortable ride to your accommodation

· No waiting for a cab or public transport service.

· An air-conditioned car or minibus will take you to your hotel.

· A much nicer way to get to the city from the airport than to take a metro or a congested bus (unfortunately, the new Bus 100 Airport bus in the city center is always full of people).

Start your holiday inconvenience in Budapest! Get and affordable Budapest airport transfer to the city.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.477s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb