Places to visit in Vietnam off the tourist trail


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
February 20th 2019
Published: February 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Whenever we are planning to travel to other countries, we often wonder if there will be a place where we can completely disconnect from the hustle and bustle of most cities that we live in. There are some destinations that immediately strike our thoughts when getting to the point of finally deciding where to go. We will always think about all the other factors that we need to consider when we reach our destination, we often ask ourselves the following questions; is it relatively safe there?; does it have all the fantastic tourist spots?; and of course; is it going to be too crowded? These questions linger in our mind that from the start of listing down dream destinations there should be crossed out countries already before answering the third question. You see, there are those destinations, and then there's Vietnam.

Vietnam is a country filled with rich history, vibrant culture, delectable food, and breathtaking landscapes making it one of the top tourist destinations in South East Asian region. But there's a catch, most of the top tourist destinations in Vietnam are already swarming with tourists which will surely make that trip a real headache. But relax, in this article, Roughguides.com will feature some of the best places in Vietnamthat are off the tourist trail. So, just continue reading and you maybe you will end up in these places on your next visit to Vietnam.

One of the most off the beaten destination in Vietnam is called u Luong' which means he highest mountain' in their local language. Its' breathtaking view is a Nature Reserve that has a wide array of lush green and ethnic culture. Although secluded, there are still a lot of things that you can do when you visit Pu Luong. There is a trekking trail through the mountain that will surely take your breath away with all the natural wonder that you will see along the way. After trekking, you can join the local community with their traditional markets and freshly cooked food. Surely, the journey to Pu Luong is already a rewarding destination.

Traveling to Vietnam will somehow make you end up in Chao Doc which is located near the border of Cambodia and Vietnam. This place is known for its laid-back and peaceful setting together with the shop fronts that are wonderfully colored. Chao Doc also has a floating market that has a wide selection of fresh seafood and vegetables that are locally caught and produced. There is also some Buddhist temples and mosques which welcomes visitors. Chao Doc is located some 200 kilometers west of Ho Chi Minh City.

Phu Quoc Island is a great alternative to the crowded beaches of Nha Trang. With the fine white sand and clear water that is untouched by most tourists, this is a good day to completely relax at the beach without being pestered by vendors every now and then selling every kind of goods.

The Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park is a great off the tourist trail when you travel to Vietnam. This place is ideal for people who like adventure with their numerous limestone caves. It is located in the Quang Binh Province which is home to the largest cave system in the world; the Son Doong. This is more than just your average nature park as it is declared one of UNESCO's World Heritage Site.The Cham Island is an hour of boat ride away from the cultural town of Hoi An. This island is rich with a beautiful coral reef which is perfect for people who loves snorkeling and scuba dive. Most backpackers prefer camping at the beach instead of staying at some of the accommodations available in this area.



A visit to Vietnam will surely be a memorable and fun trip either for you and a companion or traveling with the whole family. With its rich history, culture, and religion, it will surely be on the top five destinations to go to. The list that I have presented above is just some of the beautiful places in Vietnam that still awaits your arrival. Other locations that are off the tourist trail are yours to explore and share to the world. Vietnam travels will surely satisfy your craving for a tour that is isolated from most places where normal tourists go. Doing more research on other undiscovered locations in Vietnam will make you want to go more to this wonderful country.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb