Kos You're Worth It !


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
November 13th 2015
Published: November 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The picturesque island of Kos is situated to the southeast of the mainland of Greece and is surrounded by the crystal clear waters of the Aegean Sea. People who want to spend an exciting holiday in the sun will find plenty of stunning beaches to choose from on Kos, while culture vultures will also find plenty of other things to see and do. Here is a selection of some of the Holiday Taxis teams’ favourite things that Kos has to offer.

The most tranquil beaches on the island can be found just to the east of Kos Town. Although these beaches tend to be pebbly rather than sandy, they offer stunning views and are lapped by cool, clear waters. Visitors will also find a series of hot springs located in this area where they can unwind in the naturally hot water.

The beaches of Tingaki and Marmara can be found on the northern coast of Kos and both of these beaches offer ideal conditions for windsurfing. Visitors will be able to hire everything they need on the beach, while the beaches are also lined with bars and restaurants for visitors to unwind at while soaking up the scenery. Kamel Beach and Magic Beach can be found on the south coast and are also great places to unwind for a while.

Nature lovers will have plenty of opportunities to explore the mountains and forests that can also be found in the south of Kos. People who use Kos Town as a base will be able to travel to a number of traditional island villages to learn more about the rich culture of Kos. The magnificent ruins of old Pili can also be found here and there are enchanted views to be discovered from the battlements of this mountaintop castle.

Kos also boasts a large number of interesting attractions that offer an insight into the history and culture of the island. Most of the main attractions can be found in the Old Town of Kos and include the 15th century Castle of the Knights of St John, the Archaeological Museum and sculptures by Alexandros Alwyn. Kos was once home to Hippocrates and taking a stroll in the Garden of Hippocrates is an uplifting experience and visitors will also find an enormous tree that is said to have been planted by the philosopher himself.

Of course, no trip to Kos would be complete without taking the time to indulge in the local cuisine. Being an island, many of the restaurants in Kos specialize in fresh seafood dishes, which are cooked in the traditional Greek way with plenty of fresh vegetables and lemon juice and with rice or potatoes on the side.

These are just a few of the things that are waiting to be enjoyed on the island of Kos. One of the great things about this destination is that it receives less tourists than many of the other Greek islands, which means that visitors to Kos are sure to find plenty of space to stretch out on the sand while they soak up the sun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb