Sports played in Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
November 21st 2013
Published: November 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: How do sports play a role in Greece?

http://www.mapsofworld.com/greece/sports/

Sports in Greece has became a culture for them. Moreover, the sports they play are mainly considered the oldest entertainment of their own country. Most citizens from Greece enjoy their sports they have because they entertain the citizens within the country. Likewise, the Olympic games have been held in Greece, which makes it a religious life for the citizens in Greece. Back then entertainment was running, jumping, dispatch race, and pancration. However, today the entertainment is tennis, golf, soccer, ice-hockey, and various water sports. Golf has impacted Greece, and it's now spreading through the country.

The Olympics relate back to the Athens. Moreover, Greece has retrieved their traditions in a much more modern way. New sports and games were added to what the Athens already had. However, the results of winning an event has changed. In ancient Greece, the athletes would be observed as heroes. Today, the athletes are honored for their hard work and receive a trophy. There were certain consequences for those athletes who decided to cheat. They would be forbidden to ever be part of an event. With certainty, Greece was passionate and strict about their sports.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb