B5 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
September 12th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What is the current political structure/government in this country/region? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?

The article summarized explains the certain jobs objectives in Greeks government. With the Greek government of parliamentary republic, it does not separate itself from the executive branch and legislative branch, but does separate the meaning of head of state and head of government. This article had also summarized how there are sort of two main leaders, the president being head of state, and the prime minister being head of the government. The president holds the representation of the state, while the prime minister holds most of the power controlling the government. The representation plays the role of making a good look to other countries, gaining trust, however the government is what keeps all of Greece's people in line following the law. Without one another the two jobs would not be able to hold Greece together due to lack of enforcement, or lack of outside/ global help.

Greeks Government is a parliamentary republic meaning both the head of government and head of state hold a presidential stature for Greece. With this republic Greece's work is split in two, where the head of state holds the representation and conversations concerning and advancing Greece with other countries:while, head of government holds the power to the executive branch holding authority and responsibility for Greece.These two powers effect how the peoples society of Greece will both work with other countries along with the people of Greece in general to where they can follow the head of governments boundries. Both the head of state and government is voted on every five years, allowing those of the age of eighteen and older to take place and vote. Overall the parliamentary republic is that of a two person job that holds Greece together in to infrastructures supporting the people in different ways.

Website

http://www.mfa.gr/usa/en/about-greece/government-and-politics/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb