Day 13 - Athens to London


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
August 9th 2011
Published: August 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We started a tad later today as I was feeling under the weather and it we weren't really in a hurry to get anywhere. We got up, showered and caught the metro to Syntagma Square to meet Sharnez. We decided to head in search of a department store called Attica that we'd read about. It was basically like a David Jones style deparment store, really over priced but I managed to find a lovely pair of Benneton sandels for only 16euro. We got over this pretty quickly so we moved back to Syntagma square back past the strip of shops and toward the flea markets. We went in a few souviener and bought some pieces then headed for some lunch. We stopped at a little cafe. It was stinking hot by this point, unbearable. As i'd already felt sick in the morning this wasnt't helping so we had our lunch and made our way back to the hotel. We sat down in the lobby for a while, Sharnez had jumped in the massage chair now and I didn't think we'd ever get her out of it.
We took a few final photos, collected our luggage and made our way to the metro to then change trains and get the one to the airport. We hugged and parted way but I'm sure we'll catch up in Sydney soon!
The train to Athens airport was only 14euro for both of us and it took about 40minutes. If only Melbourne had this! We got to the airport, I had to buy a lock for my suitcase because somehow I'd already managed to lose mine somewhere.
We checked-in, dropped our bags and made our way very quickly though customs to then jumped on the tube to Russell Sq. We'd already spoken to others whether our area was safe or not after all the rights over the past 3 days and they said it was so we did the short walk from the tube station to the hotel. No problems there. We checked in and by this time it was about mmidnight so we hit the hay as we had to be up early.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.384s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 84; dbt: 0.1207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb