5 Traveling Tips for First-Time Flyers


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
December 15th 2022
Published: December 15th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Traveling for business, leisure, or other reasons might be tedious, especially if you drive for long hours. The stress, and speedy arrival time, are why most people opt for flights instead. Another reason is that some places can not be reached by land transport.

Flying for the first time can be a very exciting adventure that could stick in your memory, which is why you must be properly prepared to make it one that would put smiles on your face whenever you remember. However, one of the fastest modes of traveling, going by air, can also be stressful, especially if you’re flying for the first time. There are some things to note and steps to take before traveling. If you’re ignorant of some things before your flight, it might get as bad as having to pay extra charges at checkpoints or, even worse, missing your flight, which would be a nightmare.

This article explains 5 important things to note before traveling by air. Consider it a checklist to help you navigate your way around like a pro and approach your trip confidently.

1. Complete Documents




One of the most important things to check for before leaving your house for the airport is that you have all the required documents. The most important document to have is your passport, and you should ensure that you still have at least six months on it before it expires and a maximum of 10 years on it, especially if you’re traveling to Europe.

Another important thing to always have on you is a different means of identification asides from your passport. Although likely, you wouldn’t need it for verification since you have your passport; it's better to be safe than sorry.

Other important documents are your electronic or printed boarding pass, if you checked in online, your travel insurance policy documents, and your health insurance cards. Due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak, most airports still require your Covid-19 vaccination proof and a face mask.

2. Check for Luggage Requirements




You must check for your airport’s maximum luggage size and weight requirements on their website before packing for your flight, as it is easy to overpack while traveling. However, if you would still like to pack more than the required weight, you should also check for the baggage fee and prepare accordingly. Baggage fee varies depending on the weight and the airport.

3. Early Arrival Time




To avoid missing your flight or getting delayed at the airport, you should arrive for your flight at least three hours before your departure time, especially if it’s an international flight. Arriving early for your flight would give you enough time to check in, collect your boarding pass, clear your luggage, get passed by security, and find your gate.

4. Be Proactive




Being proactive and confident would save you a lot of panic and hassles. One of the ways to do this during your preparation is to have the airline’s customer care contact. You can also download the airline’s mobile app if they have one available. There could be mix-ups, but the solution is never through panic. For example, if you miss your flight, you can have it rebooked for free if you notify them within a couple of hours of missing the flight, especially if the fault is from the airline. The airline may rebook you for the next available flight, and you might even get compensation for the hassle.

5. Entertainment




It will do you plenty of good to arrange entertainment while you’re on board, especially if you don’t like sleeping. While some airlines offer entertainment services through preloaded mobile apps, others don’t, and you might have to sort that yourself. Suppose your flight is a considerably minimal distance, for example. In that case, flights from Montenegro to Greece are just about 1 hour and 17 minutes; you could decide to enjoy the view or observe your environment. However, if it’s a long-distance flight, you can explore other options: movies or music with your headphones, reading a novel, playing phone games, or sleeping.

Wrapping Up




One of the best ways to love the experience of a first-time flight is to do so with an open mind and eyes. If you’re observant enough, you’re likely to gain experiences that you would love to remember for a long time.

Also, a generous tip would be to remember to request a window seat if available.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.494s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb