5 Reasons Why the Philippines is Worth Visiting


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
December 11th 2022
Published: December 11th 2022
Edit Blog Post

There are many beautiful locations to visit worldwide, and the Philippines in Asia is one. While planning which location to choose for your vacation, there are many factors to consider. Different things influence people, and what catches each person’s attention differs. If you’ve not found enough conviction to go on that vacation you’ve been longing for, or you’ve just not found a convincing location, read on; this article is for you. Five reasons you should consider the Philippines as your next vacation destination are explored below.

1. Unique Festivals




The Philippines is known as the capital of world festivities, which means that whichever time of the year you decide to visit the Philippines, it is very likely that you’re going to witness a festival being held. This strange coincidence is because there are forty-two thousand known Filipino festivals. While some of these festivals are major ones, many could also be minor ones that residents within small villages or towns only celebrate.

Some of the festivals are:

The MassKara Festival




This festival is one of the most colorful festivals in the world. It is an annual festival that is held in October in Bacolod city.

The Panagbenga Festival




Also known as the Blooming Flowers festival, this festival features a marching band with many flowers and usually lasts for a month.

Pahiyas Festival




This festival is held every 15th of May, where the people of Lucban decorate their houses with fresh fruits, local sausages, kiping, hand fans, and mats.

They also have festivals like the Ati Atihan, Sinulog, Dinagyang, Morionos, and many other Philippine festivals.

2. Coron Palawan




With a population of over 65 thousand people, Coron, officially known as the Municipality of Coron, is one of the most beautiful places in the Philippines. It is a tropical island and one of the most popular beach and island destinations in the Philippines. Some of the many reasons it catches people's attention worldwide are the World War II wreck diving spots, eye-catching rock formations, crystal clear waters, and the shallow-water coral reefs. Even though it is best known for diving, Coron Palawan is a very good snorkeling spot with abundant colorful coral and fish.

It is widely said that the best time to visit Coron Palawan is either during the summer or the dry season when there is no rain. This information isn’t strange to tourism promoters who can help you organize your tour with a properly planned Coron Palawan package deal.

3. Scuba Diving




If you’re a scuba diving fan or have it on your to-do list, you might want to consider the Philippines as a place to visit. The beaches there are among the most beautiful beaches in Asia. One reason people enjoy scuba diving in the Philippines is the guaranteed sighting of a whale. The country has a large population of whale sharks. If you’re too scared to dive, you can view them from a kayak or a small boat, but scuba diving allows you to experience the beautiful sight up close and personal.

4. Historic Chinatown




The Philippines boasts of being home to the oldest Chinatown in the world, which dates back as far back as 1594. Here, you can discover the famous dumplings and experience pungent traditional Chinese herb emporiums. You can also come in contact with Buddhist shrines and the Ying Ying Tea House.

Chinatown is a very colorful place where you can taste many snacks while also discovering many spots for street photography.

5. Nice Weather




It’s almost all summer in the Philippines. The country has just two seasons, which are the dry season and the rainy season. And even in the rainy season, it’s usually still sunny and warm. If you’re looking to escape winter in your country, the Philippines is a good choice to spend your time with. It is a beautiful place to enjoy outdoor activities.

Wrapping Up




All in all, the Philippines is a place that is widely known for fun, as even the country's official tourism slogan is “It’s More Fun in the Philippines.”

Advertisement



Tot: 0.381s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb