We made it!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » West Greece » Patras
June 3rd 2007
Published: June 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bon voyage!Bon voyage!Bon voyage!

Jen and I say good-bye to Venice from the ferry deck.
Well, our cruise was everything we hoped for and more. First of all, we bough deck class. Its a 30ish hour ferry and we bough deck class, which means we were crammed into a big room (ok, not crammed, but there were maybe 50 other people in the room) that was half inside and half outside. So, if it got cold, we were basically screwed. Just before the boat took off, people started claiming their spots in the room. People pulled out hammocks, cots and airmattresses. Laura and I, and 2 other girls, were the only people without the sleeping hookup. We had no sleeping bags (but we had a sheet!) no mattresses, and very limited warm clothes. The floor was metal and very cold. I then overheard someone talking about how the airline reclining seats were currently up for grabs on a first come, first serve basis.

We snagged 2 of them. Score! We had a very much needed free upgrade. 😊 It was wonderful.

The ship was huge. The pools were fun, the day was sunny. The disco played bad music but we had an awesome time dancing it up anyways. It was, after all, saturday
Cruisin'Cruisin'Cruisin'

So this is the sunset from the deck, and the beach chair we lounged in all day Sunday! :)
night. We met some friends and bought some Greecian wine (Italian is better) and watched the sunset, and then hit the club.

Overall, best unexpected highlight thus far. We LOVED it! It was so relaxing and fun. We put on our swim suits and layed out on the deck by the pool drinking amazing iced coffee. 😊 By far our most relaxing time thus far.

We are sleeping in the Port city of Patras tonight, and headed to Athens tomorrow. We are hanging out with our friends from the boat tonight, and we get to sleep in tomorrow, because we dont have to rush to Athens.

We thought from the beginning that Italy would be our whirlwind, and Greece would be more relaxing, so let the relaxing begin.... 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb